The thought of my babies never being able to make this subconscious link in their adult hood because we were a gluten free casein free house hold growing up just seems wrong. So alas, my hunt for the perfect GFCF chocolate chip cookie began. I am pleased to say that this is a cookie that will please all. It is chewy, moist, and rich.
I have listed GF All purpouse flour as one of the ingredients. I would like to clarify, this is MY favorite combination of flours and startches that seems to yeild the best baked goods. I like to go to the Bulk Barn and get a bunch and then mix it up so it's all ready to go in my pantry. You may choose to use a bought pre-mixed AP flour however I do not recomend it... ever. I have not been pleased with any of these... ever. You can find my mix HERE
Super Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (GFCF)
- 2 1/3 Cups GF AP flour mix
- 1 tsp xanthum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup Ghee OR butter
- 1/4 Cup organic cane sugar (can use white sugar)
- 1 1/4 Cups muscovado or brown sugar
- 1 whole egg (large)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP coconut milk (or any other milk alternative)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (dairy free)
Preheat oven to 300F
- Cream ghee and sugars in stand mixer for 2 minutes.
- While butter and sugar are creaming whisk all dry ingredients together, except the chocolate chips, in a seperate bowl.
- Add egg, yolks, almond milk and vanilla to mixer.
- Once eggs are incorperated add dry ingredients slowly on low. Mix only until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in by hand.
- Cool dough in refridgerator for 1 hour or until firm enough to scoop and drop.
- Scoop 1 TBSP of dough per cookie onto parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving 2" between them
- Bake in middle of oven one sheet at a time for 9-12 minutes. They should be golden around edges but quite soft in the centre still.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transfering to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for two days or freeze for up to one month.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE!!! You will lose the chewy moist texture of these cookies if you do.
- Use cooled cookie sheets. If you use a hot one because you only have one, then decrease cooking time accordingly
- Choose a semi-sweet chocolate chip without dairy. I use Presidents Choice Decedant chocolate chips. Please do not use carrib chips... ewe.
- Feel free to substitute some of the chips for dries fruit, nuts, or any other item that suits you.